Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not a great day.....

*Warning: not all cupcakes and rainbows from this Momma* 


Have you ever heard of the book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day? Well I am thinking of contacting Beverly Cleary (the author) and asking her if she will define a bad day just a little more for me because I am thinking I had one yesterday. 


What seemed like a pretty normal day by all appearance's. My kids got up, I asked Ashton to take his blood sugar, which he said it was 124, I thought to myself great! Then he laughs and say "just kidding, it was 240"! I made breakfast, of course not pancakes like everyone wanted. I made eggs and oatmeal. Yeah for that one I was handed the worst mom of the year award...Thanks to my children for voting for me! Boredom was about ready to sit in, so I mentioned the wave pool!! Of course all four kids were ready to roll! We packed up ready for a day of waves and slide riding.... YAY.. Oh oops forgot to tell you the part where we didn't get packed up to leave until like 1:45, did not arrive there until after two.... but being the mother I am, I kept my cool and was fine with the time lost! Oh! When we got there all the slides were closed, still keeping my motherly cool! ( Do not believe a word of that, I am lying! I was totally freaking out)! Things were still okay, even though you might as well shot each of my children. I was able to convince them the waves were enough for us! Shortly there after we were ready to eat... I explain to Ashton that he knows what he can and cannot get... then it happened a total Celiac meltdown ( by that I mean he is sick to death of his diet and wants a bun on his hot dog). Now to most people that would not be a big deal but it is in this household. So after that little traumatic moment and we head back to the pool. I am thinking the time delay and the no slide thing is okay... whats that I hear? Thunder? Flipping fantastic! Did you guys know that I control the weather? Just ask my kids they will tell ya! So after all that we pack up and we are just fine with the barely three house pool stay!  




So there it is, the day from the actual book! Now don't you think for a second I did not have to promise a make-up wave pool day...... fingers crossed that it turns out a little better than this!!!


-Amanda-

No comments:

Post a Comment